The newest adaptation of 007 James Bond’s model of the Aston Martin has just rolled off the production line. Different Bonds have had different car models and have made them famous. Roger Moore with his Lotus and Pierce Brosnan with the BMWs and Sean Connery as well as Daniel Craig both drove an Aston Martin.
Daniel Craig, the latest version of Britain’s favorite spy rolled an Aston Martin Vanquish on the road in the movie Casino Royale and it will be quite interesting to see if he can get his hands on this latest car in the Aston family – the AM 310 Vanquish. The original Vanquish was a hit for both the car industry and pop culture but Aston Martin decided to upgrade the V12 6.0 liter engine while adding the styling of the original supercar – the Aston Martin One-77.
The New and Improved Vanquish
Aston Martin made changes to the Vanquish to come up with this new AM 310 – but wow what changes!
- New and improved 6.0-liter V12 engine with 565 horsepower and 457 pound-feet of torque
- Front-middle engine mount
- Real wheel drive
- Touchtronic 2 with six-speed automatic transmission
This new car can go from zero to 60 in only 4 seconds and has a top speed out at 183 mph.
What Drives the High Price Tag?
If you want this car in your garage you need to come up with only $279,995 to take this V-12 Vanquish home. Why the hefty price tag?
- All body panels made of carbon fiber
- Chassis has added strength with reduced weight
- Rest of the car is mostly made of bonded aluminum and also magnesium alloy
- Rack and pinion steering which can be electronically controlled
- Brakes ventilated with carbon ceramic discs front and back
All of this is very elite manufacturing and engineering so therefore the very hefty price tag.
All elements come together with added essentials for safety.
- Anti-lock braking system
- Dynamic stability control
- Electronic brake-force distribution
- Emergency brake assist
- Traction control and launch control
- Positive torque control
With all of this brake force when you want to stop – you will!
But the real charisma of the new “AM 310 Vanquish” is in its exterior style. Taking its image prompts from the crown jewel of the Aston Martin line – the One-77, the forceful nose forward plan gives this machine the look of a traditional but outsized roadster. Anyone who sees this AM 310 will certainly notice it. This is the fastest production car Aston Martin has ever made.
Julie is a long time contributor and writer for a number of automotive industry blogs and site such as Hertz Rent2buy a site in France dedicated to selling quality used rental Hertz automobiles.